If you are looking for something beyond traditional two-dimensional framed artwork to fill up your blank walls, a shadow box may be a good option for you. A shadow box is an enclosed display case with a glass front. You can fill a shadow box with objects at various depth levels to get your desired visual display. At our Boca Raton frame shop, we offer custom framing in South Florida and have the answer to the question, “What do I put in a shadow box?”
Shadow Box Ideas To Try
Just like custom framing, the possibilities for shadow boxes are almost endless. As custom art framers, we have seen everything from ticket stubs to fine art paintings pass through our shop. The great thing about shadow boxes is that you can fill them with almost any meaningful objects. While this list is certainly not complete, our consultants have compiled some more unique shadow box ideas.
- A Memory or Graduation Shadow Box – Rather than keeping your child’s old artwork and favorite knickknacks in a box in the attic, why not put them on display? There are plenty of unique graduation shadow box ideas that you can explore. We will help you create a colorful exhibition of homemade drawings, old photos, and arts and crafts projects. Use our diploma framing services as well, and give both as graduation gifts to your child.
- A Wedding Shadow Box – Rather than simply using wedding framing to display one nice picture, get your spouse an anniversary gift he or she will love with a wedding shadow box. You can fill it with mementos from your wedding like the invitation, veil, and shells from the beach where you said your “I Do’s.” Don’t worry, we have a lot of wedding shadow box ideas that we can share with you, and we’ll also help you display everything in a tasteful manner that your spouse is sure to love.
- A Retirement Shadow Box – Is someone you know retiring from a long career? Celebrate their retirement with a shadow box that commemorates their professional achievements. You could include their favorite desk décor, any awards they’ve won, and objects meaningful to their industry. This can especially be a good gift for someone who served in the military. They will appreciate your special and thoughtful gift.
- A Sports Memorabilia Shadow Box – Whether you or someone you love is a sports fanatic, a shadowbox is a great way to show it off. Use ticket stubs, signed jerseys, team memorabilia, and photos from your favorite time at the game. Creating a shadow box that houses all of your greatest sports memorabilia in the same place can be perfect for a gift or to hang in a bar. We can also help you bring these sports memorabilia framing ideas to life.
- A Hobby Shadow Box– Everyone has different interests, but if you have an impressive collection or a hobby that you are proud of, you may want to show it off. A hobby shadow box can be anything you want it to be. Exhibit your coin collection, create a concert ticket display, or pick out lures and a photo of your big catch to show off your love of fishing.
Shadow Box Framing Help
Now that you have reviewed our shadow box ideas and narrowed down what you want to display, it’s important that you pick the right shadow box frame for your objects. There is so much more to consider than size alone. Part of our framing services in Boca Raton include helping you choose a frame that will bring out the beauty of the items you want to display. Our expert framing consultants will also guide you through the numerous ways that these objects can be placed in shadow boxes to take your display to the next level. As expert framing consultants who have been in the business for a long time, we have a lot of shadow box ideas to make your display extra special.
If you are looking to commemorate a special occasion at home or work with a shadow box, or you are looking for some fine art framing in Boca Raton, contact us today to get started. We can help you fill those blank walls.