You have probably heard the old saying that a picture is worth a thousand words, but when those precious photos become lost, ruined or forgotten, those words and memories go to waste. But they do not have to! September is National Save Your Photos Month and September 28th is Save Your Photos Day. As a custom framing shop in Boca, we know just how important this holiday can be, so we are sharing some ways to save your photographs.
How To Observe National Save Your Photos Month
September is in full swing, but you still have time to observe this holiday. Here are some ways to make sure you get the most of this month.
- Back up digital photos. If you are like most people, you probably have hundreds of photos sitting on your phone, but if you were to drop that phone in the water would all of these memories be lost? Take a moment to back up the photos on your phone and laptop onto a hard drive, a cloud, or both.
- Print digital photos and get them framed. Even better than backing up photos, get some framed. Instead of letting your digital photos sit in cyberspace forever, pick your favorites and get custom framing to display them proudly in your home or office.
- Organize old photos. You probably have a ton of photos, either in your photo albums, online or in your home. Take some time and do your best to note who is who, locations, and dates. Even better, scan these old photos to make digital copies or hard copies to frame.
- Frame old prints. Old photos, especially those that are in black in white, are magical. Find some that are already printed sitting in a photo album collecting dust, and get them in a custom frame. Our expert framers in Boca will help you select a moulding that will not only show off their beauty but can also use archival matting and UV protective glass to protect them for many years to come. Frame your family photos and create a unique wall display, or use those old family pictures for a touching gift.
- Fix broken frames. You know that frame with broken glass that has been sitting in your closet for months because you just haven’t gotten around to doing anything about it? Maybe you have a gold leaf frame that could use a little tender loving care. Now is the month to take action. Our frame glass and plexiglass replacement services can repair it so that you can once again hang your photo proudly on your wall.
With National Save Your Photos Month already here, now is the time to check these items off of your to-do list, and at Rosenbaum Framing, we are ready to help. With resulting new wall displays, thoughtful gifts for the upcoming holidays and your precious memories preserved, you will be glad you observed National Save Your Photos Month.