A type of plastic, acrylic is a transparent, lightweight, shatter-resistant material that has a virtually smooth surface, similar to a piece of glass. At Rosenbaum Framing, custom art framing in South Florida, we can bring your photos to life with beautiful acrylic prints that are rich in color.
Choosing to transform your photos into acrylic wall art is a modern and sleek way to get your digital photos out of your phone or camera and create beautiful wall displays to show off your best images around your house. Not to mention, these pieces make fantastic gifts for loved ones.
There are two different processes for creating acrylic photo prints
- Direct Printing: printing directly onto the acrylic substrate
- Face Mounting: printing onto photographic paper and mounting the print behind acrylic
Common ways to mount your acrylic wall art:
- Metal Standoffs: attaching your custom acrylic print to your wall with four stainless mounting posts
- Floating-Look: hanging the print on hooks or nails using hidden hardware such as D-rings attached behind the print to make the photo look like it’s floating on the wall
- Hanging Wire: hanging the print from a nail or hook using hanging wire attached to a wooden framework on the back of the print
- French Cleat: fitting a board with an angled edge on the back of the print to a matching board with an angled edge which is attached to the wall.
While searching for custom printing and framing for your photos, you’ll have to decide between the two different processes of creating acrylic prints. Depending on the surface you choose to print on, your finished piece may have a matte or glossy appearance. With the expertise of our framers at Rosenbaum Framing, we guarantee the image quality will not diminish, regardless of which surface you choose to print on.
Custom acrylic prints look beautiful in living rooms, family rooms, hallways, bedrooms, kitchens, and areas where families and friends spend time together. Companies can also use acrylic prints to showcase logos, suite numbers, building directories, employee portraits, maps, and much more.
Luckily, there is no limit to how our framing specialists use acrylic, so we can help you create wonderful prints using either method of custom photo printing to showcase your:
- Wedding photos
- Bar mitzvah and bat mitzvah photos
- Company logos
- Family photos
- Baby pictures
- Travel photos
- Employee portraits
- Fine art photography
If you have any questions regarding photo prints on acrylic or custom photo framing, contact our specialists at Rosenbaum Framing today!